Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Today is my father's 66th birthday. He was headed to the beach today so yesterday we had baked goodies from Di Prima Dolce to celebrate and I gave him a copy of Uncle Tungsten which I thought he'd enjoy.

My father is surely one of the greatest people I've ever known. He is brilliant and resourceful and can fix anything. He always has an answer and it's nearly always right. He makes dopey jokes and will drop everything and show up when people need help. He's moved me from place to place countless times and never complained (at least not that I've heard). He's a fine self-taught musician and he has a lovely garden and a thing for bees.

My dad was an enthusiastic single father back in the 70's when role models were hard to come by. He taught me so much about honesty, flexibility and generosity and he showed me that humor can work wonders. He taught me to believe I could achieve anything I wanted. He's a wonderful grandfather and I'm glad my kids have a chance to enjoy being with him.

I sometimes forget to tell him, but I love my dad more than words can say.

So....happy birthday, Daddy. May you have many, many more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great post. Thanks!