Thursday, January 04, 2007

Yippee!

It's turning out to be a pretty good day after all.

I just heard back from a woman who posted to the Portland Stitch and Bitch list last month. She was looking for a volunteer to teach knitting to refugee women. I don't think anyone could have come up with a more perfect volunteer position for me. Knitting and ESL? Yeehaw! I can even bring the kids! I am extremely excited about this. Maybe The Dark Lord's Peace through Yarn logo was prophetic. I start next Wednesday.....yippee!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great opportunity! I'll be interested to hear updates from you on how this is going!

Magpie Ima said...

I promise to keep you posted :-)

nancych said...

Congratulations, what a great opportunity. Way to go!

bikelovejones said...

(As it turns out, I had to open a blogspot account just to reply to you.)

The Dark Lord is a true artiste and should start selling his work online. Make him pay his own way through college.

Meanwhile, hope that you have fun stitching and, well, um, yeah. You know.
--beth

CrassyMadFool said...

thanks for the sweet coment
u rule