Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Worth Watching

The boys and I were fortunate to be able to attend the Inconvenient Truth presentation live at our synagogue the other evening. I wrote earlier about the film, but the presentation is even better. There's more information, the information is more current and, most important there's the opportunity for interaction with other people. It was a very worthwhile evening and opened the boys' eyes in a big way.

On the way home, we picked up a DVD that had been mentioned: Who Killed the Electric Car? This is an excellent film (creepy Mel Gibson interview notwithstanding) and is a must-see about the intentional efforts to prevent US consumers from obtaining zero emissions vehicles. Infuriating, really.

On a completely different subject, but also excellent: The Lost Boys of Sudan.The film was recommended to me by the woman who "hired" me to teach the Somali women to knit. It's a wonderful documentary about the resettlement of a group of young Sudanese orphans in the US. I've worked with refugees and immigrants for many years but never tire of hearing their stories, so I found this film very moving.

No comments: