Saturday, October 20, 2007

Night Out

We just went here and saw this and couldn't have asked for a better night out. First of all, the cinema is all of 10 minutes from our house and so much more pleasant than a metroplex monstrosity. They even serve real desserts! It's kind of a revelation that the boys are old enough to babysit their sister for an evening but feel so much better leaving The Dark Lord in charge knowing we're close by.

But forget the theater--the movie was wonderful. Few people know that as a kid I had a serious fascination with Tudor England. It would have been fair to call it an obsession really. It's never left and I eat up any book or movie covering the reigns of Henry VIII and his children. I loved the first Elizabeth film and this was an excellent sequel, picking up where the first left off. Beautiful cinematography, fine acting, and absolutely splendid costumes. Big screen movies are pretty rare for me, but this was one worth watching in the theater.

2 comments:

Molly Newman said...

I'm so glad to hear you liked the movie! I've been wanting to see it since I heard it was coming out, and your recommendation just makes me look forward to it more.

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I like Cinetopia too, the one time I've been there (to see Brokeback Mountain). I've said ever since that I wanted to go back and go early enough to order something and have it brought to me in my living room chair! But I haven't. Paul wants to see that George Clooney movie (can't remember the name right now...) and it's playing there. Maybe this week. (Because we are Done! With! Our big Event! Yay!)