Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween

I'm not really a fan of Halloween. Sure, as a kid I loved to pig out on candy--who wouldn't? But now that I'm a parent, the last thing I want of for my kids to pig out on candy. Dressing up is all well and good, but I don't love the whole scary/creepy/ghoulish side of things. No need to glorify death as far as I'm concerned.

I've always let The Spouse handle Halloween while I go off to work but today I'm struggling with a nasty head cold. I've already called in sick and I plan on hiding in the basement with a box of Kleenex and a Bollywood movie and ignoring the doorbell while the family is out begging for candy. Aren't I a grump?

Nonetheless I'll take this opportunity to shamelessly promote The Dark Lord's short Halloween movie which is, as far as I'm concerned, just scary enough--see for yourself!

3 comments:

shula said...

Frankly, I would rather be attacked by a demon werewolf than have to do the dishes...

Magpie Ima said...

I think the boy would agree with you!

Davie said...

Thanks for promoting my movie! And while you're at it, people, please vote on it using the vote bar to the left.