Thursday, May 01, 2008

Not such a great day. I've been feeling pretty rotten and today's doctor visit and lab results confirmed my suspicion that my thyroid has been acting up once again. My new doctor is great and I feel like she has a good handle on things. I knew I'd been out of balance for a while but somehow having the professional confirmation and the lab results to back that up just make me feel worse. It's a strange kind of wobbly, wired exhaustion. I'm too hyped up to rest and too brain-fogged to accomplish much of anything.

But here's something absolutely wonderful: my sweet daughter can knit! This child has been dragged to knitting gatherings since she was a babe in arms and has always wanted to join the club. I don't know how many times she's asked me to teach her but the coordination just wasn't there. There's been a lot of effort and frustration as she really, really wanted to become a knitter. We hadn't tried in a while but we had a quiet moment yesterday. We gave it another go and suddenly she's off and running using the same four steps I teach everyone.


In, around, back, off, in around, back, off.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

..::applause::..

Welcome to the club.
GREAT photo, too.

Mimi said...

Congratulations to your daughter, and my prayers that the thyroid issue is solved quickly.

ElizO said...

What a triumph! And such a bummer your thyroid is acting up. I'll send you good thoughts.