Thursday, June 21, 2007

I Can't Wait....

...for Sicko, Michael Moore's newest film. It opens in New York City this weekend and around the country on June 29. This time he takes on the American health care system. Fahrenheit 911 didn't end the war in Iraq, but I'm really hoping Sicko will stimulate discussion about what our citizens need and deserve. I love the"Prescription for Change" posted on the website:

1. Every American must have full, uninterrupted health care coverage for life.

2. Private, for-profit health insurance companies must be abolished.

3. Profits of pharmaceutical companies must be regulated like public utilities.

I love that Moore is willing to take on the the big guys in this film. We won't get anywhere with universal health coverage until the insurance industry is taken out and strangled, blood-sucking vampires that they are. Anyway, I can't wait to see it. Watch the trailer here:

No comments: