Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy Father's Day

Well, I am a completely lame daughter. In the chaos of this past week (finals, a birthday, a piano recital, preparing to leave town for a few days) I completely forgot about Father's Day. It just kind of crept up on me and here it is, late the night before, and this is all I have to offer:

I am blessed because not only do I have the world's greatest dad, but I have a wonderful stepdad as well. From the time we first met, many years ago, he has always been unfailingly kind and generous with me. He is warm and funny and has lots of passionate interests. Despite never raising children himself, he is a super grandfather and my children are lucky to have him in their life, as am I.

I've written about my dad here before. He's taught me so much about how to live my life and how to treat people. He really is a remarkable person and I owe so much of who I am and what I hold dear to his influence.

Both my father and my step father are big hikers. Together even. The Princess loves going on what she calls a "two grandpa walk" --isn't she a lucky one?

So I'm posting the photo below in the hopes that these two very special men in my life will get in a good walk in the woods very soon. I love you guys!

No comments: